The World Born Dead
Rurik of the Mountainroot Clan
avenger of mountainroot
Dwarven Avenger of Moradin
STR 18 DEX 12 CON 12 INT 10 WIS 16 CHA 14
Fortitude +8 Reflex +2 Will +6
AC 16 touch 16, flat footed 14
+9 to hit with masterwork dwarven waraxe 1d10+4 critical ×3
Divine Justice x3/day (+2 to hit and damage against a foe that struck him without provocation last turn)
+5 bonus to confirm critical hits
+4 to hit and +1d6 with divine wrath (flanking bonus included)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An avenger is proficient with all simple and martial weapons. Avengers are also automatically proficient with their deities favored weapon. They are not proficient with any armor.
Oath of Enmity (Su): The avenger swears that one opponent is an enemy of his god as a swift action. Until the end of the day, the avenger can reroll one attack per round against the target of his oath. If the target of the Oath of Enmity is killed or disabled, the avenger may shift this oath to another target but if the target escapes the avenger, he cannot swear another oath of enmity until the next day or until he spends 4 hours in mediation and prayer.
Fast Movement (Ex): An avenger’s land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is not wearing armor, and not carrying a heavy load.
Armor of Faith (Su): As long as the avenger is not wearing any armor they receive an insight bonus equal to their Wisdom bonus + ¼ their avenger level to their Armor Class + 1 per each enemy they are adjacent to besides their oath of enmity target, in addition to their Dexterity bonus.
Domain (Su): At 1st level the avenger may pick one domain from those of his deity. The avenger is able to use the granted power from that domain as if he were a cleric of equal level. However, the avenger is not able to cast spells from this domain.
Divine Justice (Sp): Starting at 2nd level, when the avenger is injured by a foe in combat, he may add his Charisma bonus to attack and damage rolls made with melee weapons and his deities favored weapon against the foe that injured him. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom bonus. The avenger must declare he is calling upon the Covenant before making his attack and does not gain the benefits of the Covenant against creatures that worship his deity or that he attacked first.
Divine Wrath (Sp): Starting at 3rd level, if an avenger can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from attack the avenger is able to call on his god to provide him with insight into how best to dispatch his foe. The avenger’s attack deals extra damage any time his target is adjacent and would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not) such as when the avenger flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 3rd level, and it increases by 1d6 every four avenger levels thereafter. Should the avenger score a critical hit with a his wrath, this extra damage is not multiplied. Unlike a rogue’s sneak attack, the avenger’s Divine Wrath can affect undead, but it cannot affect constructs. Like a rogue’s sneak attack, the avenger must be able to see his target and must be able to reach the main body of the target.
Divine Guidance (Su): Starting at 4th level, the avenger begins to gain greater insight from his god. This allows him to add his Wisdom modifier + ½ his avenger level as an insight bonus to any roll to confirm a critical hit.
- Darkvision out to to 60 feet.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. *Not reflected in the saving throw numbers given here.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects. *Not reflected in the saving throw numbers given here.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven. Dwarven Avenger of Moradin 4th level
Equipment: broach of shielding (51hp), holy symbol, masterwork dwarven waraxe, throwing hammers (x4), and white robes.