The World Born Dead
- +2 Dexterity and -2 Wisdom.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dark Elves encountered away from the Plane of Shadow have the extra planar subtype.
- Dark elf base land speed is 40 feet, and they also have a climb speed of 10 feet.
- Darkvision 60-feet.
- Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Use the Hide skill even when observed unless in day light or the area of a daylight spell or effect.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Dark elves are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Resistance to Cold 10.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: An elf can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Sustaining Shadow: When dark elves are on the Plane of Shadow they are fortified by ambient energies of the dark plane and as a result only have to eat once every three days.
- Weapon Proficiency: Dark elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longbow (including composite longbow), net, shortbow (including composite shortbow), and whip as bonus feats.
- +4 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently Search, and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass dark elf’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +1