The World Born Dead
Essence 3. Zenith Caste Tengese exorcist
- Virtues: Compassion 4, Conviction 4, Temperance 3, and Valor 3
- Peripheral Essence: 64
- Willpower 6
Backgrounds: Allied ancestor ghost 1, Artifact (Orichalcum Bracers) 2, Contacts 4, Influence 1, Nemesis (Bitter Crow) 1, and Resources 2
- Durability of Oak Meditation
- Fury Inciting Presence
- Graceful Crane Stance
- Heroism-Encouraging Presence
- Invincible Essence Reinforcement
- Invincible Essence Reinforcement
- Respect Commanding Attitude
- Rout-Stemming Gesture
- Tiger-Warrior Training Technique
- Unruly Mob Dispersing Rebuke
Dexterity 3, Stamina 4, Strength 2, Appearance 2, Charisma 4, Manipulation 2, Intelligence 3, Perception 4, and Wits 3
Athletics 2, Awareness 3, Endurance 4, Lore 4, Martial Arts 4, Occult 3, Performance 5, Presence 5, and Resistance 4
Specialties: +3 die occult specialty of Master Exorcist
- Sensing the Barrier (0, Perception, 3, one minute): This reveals the presence, not no other details, of every mystic barrier within sight, even if it would not affect the thaumaturge.
- Summon Ghost (0, Charisma, 2, 15 minutes): Can summon a ghost, but if it fails, more ghosts come.
- Thrice-Warded Gateway (0, Dexterity, 2, one minute): Causes a door to act as if it were stoutly barred for the next hour.
- Deathsight (1, Perception, 3, five minutes): Lets the user sense and interact with immaterial ghosts for the rest of the scene.
- Beckon (Pale Mistress) (2, Charisma + Performance, 6 – Resources value of offering, one hour): This ritual attracts the attentions of the Pale Mistress and entreats her to visit destroying all ghosts she encounters and devouring the spirits of unborn children.
- Dishonest Ghost’s Rebuke (2, Intelligence, Difficulty, 10 hours + miscellaneous action): The ritual has two parts to it. The first is a long ritual creating prayer strips, while the second part is using them to allow an attack on the creature. However, it does not give the user the ability to see the spirit.
- Expulsion (2, Manipulation, spirit’s lowest Virtue, 10 minutes): Can drive out an entity that has used a Charm or Arcanos to possess another being. This ritual can expel any possessing entity.
- Ward Against Ghost (2, Intelligence, 1, one hour): This ritual works like a Lesser Ward, except that it creates a physical barrier against the warded creatures rather than a mental deterrent, and inflict damage on the warded. The warded can make an effort to attack the barrier and if they are stronger than the barrier, they can rip a hole though it.
- Warding of Undue Influence (2, Wits, 3, miscellaneous action): While invoked, all beings within a certain distance of the caster have an easier time resisting Glamours, charms that manipulate emotions or perceptions, and other similiar supernatural effects.
- Banish Ghost (3, Manipulation, special, one minute per roll): A thaumaturge forces a ghost to vacate her presence, at least for a time. A caster must focus all of their power on doing so, while the other being can act somewhat normally, though they must focus somewhat as well. Powerful beings can only be banished by their equals in power.
- Breaking the Ward (3, Perception, 3, one hour): This ritual lets the caster weaken or even destroy an existing ward. If the user is affected by the ward, they will suffer backlash each time they fail.
- Ward Maintenance (3, Perception, 3, one day): Works as Lesser Ward Maintenance except it applies to an Adept-level ward. Alternately, the thaumaturge can use this ritual to restore a damaged Adept-level ward to full strength.
Soak 10L/10B and Hardness 10
- Health Levels (12): -0/-0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Merit: Favored Priest of the Unconquered Sun 6 pts
He can also call upon the deity to grant miracles in response to prayer. The roll is a standard prayer roll (Charisma + Performance), but the character must either spend a point of Willpower for an automatic success or to channel a Virtue. Some of the more commonly sought miracles (and the successes needed to receive them) are as follows:
Divine Guidance: The character receives a sign or portent advising him on the course of action he should next take. The clarity of the sign increases with more successes.
Essence Recovery: The character recovers two motes per success on the prayer roll.
Exorcism: The character can exorcise a possessing spirit from another if his player garners a number of successes equal to (the spirit’s Essence + 3). The priest’s patron deity must also have a higher Essence than the possessing spirit.
Healing: The character can heal a dying character up to the Incapacitated level with five successes, but the priest must also have sacrificed Resources 4+ on the prayer roll.
Warding: A priest character who worships one of Creation’s deities can pray for protection from creatures of darkness. If the deity grants this benediction, the priest may divide the successes between the area of protection (10 yards per success) and the strength of the ward (which will bar any creature of darkness from entering the area whose Essence is not greater than the successes spent on strength).
Willpower Recovery: The character recovers one spent Willpower point per every two successes on the prayer roll. If a priest wishes to make a sacrifice in conjunction with her prayer but does not have anything of sufficient value, she may promise her patron that she will make a suitable offering at the earliest opportunity. The deity may accept such a promise (at the Storyteller’s discretion), but the Resources value of the promised sacrifice is halved for purposes of calculating the difficulty of the prayer roll, and patrons who accept deferred payment will not answer any further prayers until the promised sacrifice is made. Any spirit may perceive the mark of the priest’s patron deity in the priest’s Essence patterns, and such markings are also visible to All-Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight and other forms of Essence sight. Exalted who are naturally one-point priests by virtue of Exaltation need pay only six bonus points to acquire the seven-point version of this Merit. Whenever such an Exalt prays for a miracle, her caste mark shines brightly and obviously.
Merit Vibration Sense 5 pts: The character can sense vibrations as they pass through solid objects. He can easily hear a conversation in the next room as if there were no walls in the way, and he can detect the location of nearby moving objects by feeling the vibrations in the ground from their passage up to ([Perception + Awareness] x 100 = 700) yards away.
- Beacon of Power 4 pts: Heavenly Turtle has no personal essence pool
- Obligated to protect the worshipers of the Golden Lord 2 pts