The World Born Dead
The White Raven Academy is the premiere military college of the Nerathi empire. The White Raven Academy teaches its disciples that the combined effort of several warriors working together far exceeds the efforts of those same warriors working individually. Adherents of this tradition serve as leaders and inspiring figures on the battlefield. Weapons favored by this martial tradition are the longsword, battleaxe, greatsword, halberd, and warhammer. The academy’s graduates often join the Order of the White Raven, and subsequently rise to positions of leadership within the Nerathi Legions. The White Ravens, are the elite guard of the Empire.
Full Base attack bonus
Hit Die: d8.
The marshal’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (n/a), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier)x4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.
All of the following are class features of the marshal.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Marshals are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).
- White Raven Tactics (Ex): The marshal exerts an effect on allies in his vicinity. He can learn to produce different effects, or auras, over the course of his career. The marshal may project one minor aura and (starting at 2nd level) one major aura at a time.
- Projecting an aura is a swift action. The aura remains in effect until the marshal uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura of the same kind (major or minor). A marshal can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the marshal takes his first turn.
- Activating an aura involves haranguing, ordering, directing, encouraging, cajoling, or calming allies. A marshal sizes up the enemy, allies, and the terrain, then gives allies the direction that they can use to do their best.
- Unless otherwise noted, a marshal’s aura affects all allies within 60 feet (including himself) who can hear the marshal. An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher and be able to understand the marshal’s language to gain the bonus. A marshal’s aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be heard or understood by his allies.
- A marshal begins play knowing a number of minor auras of his choice equal to 3 + his Intelligence modifier. As his marshal level increases, he gains access to new auras, he learns his first new minor aura at 3rd level and a new one every two levels after that.
- All bonuses granted by a marshal’s auras are morale bonuses that do not stack with each other.
- Minor Aura: A minor aura lets allies add the marshal’s Charisma bonus (if any) to certain rolls.
- Accurate Strike: Bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits.
- Art of War: Bonus on disarm, trip, bull rush, and sunder attempts.
- Demand Fortitude: Bonus on Fortitude saves.
- Determined Caster: Bonus on rolls to overcome spell resistance.
- Force of Will: Bonus on Will saves.
- Master of Opportunity: Bonus to Armor Class against attacks of opportunity.
- Master of Tactics: Bonus on damage rolls when flanking.
- Motivate Charisma: Bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks.
- Motivate Constitution: Bonus on Constitution checks and Constitution-based skill checks.
- Motivate Dexterity: Bonus on Dexterity checks, Dexterity-based skill checks, and initiative checks.
- Motivate Intelligence: Bonus on Intelligence checks and Intelligence-based skill checks.
- Motivate Strength: Bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks.
- Motivate Wisdom: Bonus on Wisdom checks and Wisdom-based skill checks.
- Over the Top: Bonus on damage rolls when charging.
- Watchful Eye: Bonus on Reflex saves.
- Major Aura: Beginning at 2nd level, a marshal can project a major aura in addition to his minor aura. A major aura lets allies add +2 to certain rolls. This bonus improves by +1 at 7th, 14th, and 20th level. A marshal learns a new major aura every three levels after 2nd level.
- Hardy Soldiers: The marshal’s allies gain damage reduction equal to the amount of bonus the aura provides. For example, if the marshal is 10th level, everyone affected gains DR 3/-.
- Motivate Ardor: Bonus on damage rolls.
- Motivate Attack: Bonus on melee attack rolls.
- Motivate Care: Bonus to Armor Class.
- Motivate Urgency: Allies’ base land speed is increased by a number of feet equal to 5 x the amount of bonus the aura provides. For example, the allies of a 10th-level marshal (+3 major aura) add 15 feet to their base land speed.
- Resilient Troops: Bonus on all saves.
- Steady Hand: Bonus on ranged attack rolls.
- Tactical Strike: +1d6 damage x the amount of bonus the aura provides to one ally of the marshal’s choice per round.
- Skill Focus (Diplomacy): Because a marshal has a way with people, he gains this feat as a bonus feat. If the marshal already has the feat, he can choose a different one.
- Battle Leader (Ex): At 2nd level, all allies within 30 feet (but not to himself), gain the benefit of the improved initiative feat, as long as they can see and hear the marshal, are not flat footed, and he has more than 0 hit points.
- At 12th level, the marshal’s allies also gain the benefit of the improved critical feat and the range of the Battle Leader effect increases to 60 feet.
- At 16th level, the range of the Battle Leader effect increases to 90 feet.
- Lead the Attack (Ex): At 3rd level, a marshal can stoke the fire of battle and inspire his allies to fight harder. Each time a marshal successfully hits and deals damage to an enemy, his allies that can see and hear him, and are within 60 feet, gain a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls for 1 round against the target that he hit.
- Grant Move Action (Ex): Starting at 4th level, a marshal can direct and motivate his allies to act immediately. Once per day, as a standard action, he may grant an extra move action to any or all of his allies within 30 feet (but not to himself). Each of the affected allies takes this extra move action immediately, acting in their current initiative order. This extra action does not affect the allies’ initiative count; the round continues normally after the marshal’s turn is over. (This may mean, for example, that an ally whose initiative count immediately follows the marshal’s may get an extra move action from the marshal, followed directly by a full round worth of actions on the ally’s turn.)
- At 8th level, a marshal gains the ability to grant an extra move action to his allies twice per day. The frequency increases to three times per day at 12th level, four times per day at 16th level, and five times per day at 20th level.
- A character can take only one extra move action per round. (In other words, two marshals can’t use this ability on the same ally in the same round.) If an ally chooses not to take the extra move action, it is lost.
- Press the Advantage (Ex): At 10th level, a marshal that takes a 5-foot step may immediately move another 5 feet without provoking an attack of opportunity. At 15th level, a marshal’s allies gain the benefit of Press the Advantage as long as they are within 60 feet of the marshal.
- Warlord’s Charge (Ex): At 20th level, as a full round action, once per day, a marshal may charge an opponent, gaining a +4 bonus to hit instead of the usual +2 bonus. In addition, all allies within 30 feet of the marshal at the beginning of his charge can also charge the target as an immediate action. The marshal and his allies do not block each other when determining if they can charge, furthermore they do not provoke attacks of opportunity for the charge. Finally the marshal’s charge attack deals an extra 50 points of damage, and those of his allies each deal an extra 25 points of damage to the target.
Superior White Raven Tactics: Prerequisite: 5th level or higher, White Raven Tactics Benefit: The bonus conferred by your White Raven Tactics auras increases by 1.
White Raven Defense: Prerequisite: You attended the White Raven academy. Benefit: When you are inspiring your allies with an aura from White Raven Tactics and adjacent to at least one ally, you gain a +1 bonus to AC. Furthermore, when you are wielding one of the White Raven discipline’s preferred weapons (longsword, battleaxe, greatsword, halberd, or warhammer), each ally adjacent to you gains a +1 bonus to AC. These bonuses don’t apply when you’re flat-footed.
White Raven Meditation: Prerequisite: Any lawful alignment. Benefit: Each night that you spend at least 4 hours in meditation and reflection, you gain a +1 insight bonus to hit and a +2 insight bonus to damage with White Raven discipline’s preferred weapons (longsword, battleaxe, greatsword, halberd, or warhammer).