The World Born Dead
+4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
- An orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 90 feet.
- Rage (Ex): an orc can fly into a rage once per day. In a rage, the orc temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a – 4 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the orc’s hit points by 1 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, an orc cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. An orc may not prematurely end his rage. Orc barbarians gain one extra use of the classes rage ability which replaces the orc’s racial rage ability.
- Light Sensitivity: Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Druid.