The World Born Dead
Native to the Plane of Shadow. The shadowborn are a race of former humans, whose blood and flesh has become adapted to the Shadowfell, as the plane is sometimes known. Thinner, taller, with darker skin than regular humans, the shadowborn like the Shadar Kai and the Dark Elves before them have been corrupted by the nature of the dismal plane.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, shadowborn have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Shadowborn encountered away from the Plane of Shadow have the extra planar subtype.
- Shadowborn base land speed is 40 feet.
- Dark vision 60-feet.
- Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Use the Hide skill even when observed, except in natural day light, the area of the daylight spell or effect.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Shadowborn are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Resistance to Cold equal to 5 + 1/2 their hit dice.
- Superior low-light vision.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- Shadowborn gain a +4 racial bonus to Diplomacy, Hide, and Move Silently. Hide and Move Silently are also always class skills for shadowborn.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass shadowborn takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +1