The World Born Dead
An aberration has a bizarre anatomy, strange abilities, an alien mindset, or any combination of the three.
An aberration has the following features.
- 8-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- Good Will saves.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
An aberration possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Proficient with its natural weapons. If generally humanoid in form, proficient with all simple weapons and any weapon it is described as using.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Aberrations not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Aberrations are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
- Aberrations eat, sleep, and breathe.
- Aberrations suffer double damage from psionic attacks that deal damage.
- Most aberrations have a bizarre anatomy which grants them damage reduction 5/byeshk.