The World Born Dead
Monsters of Nerath
Typical monsters found within the borders of the Empire. Most of the orc tribes have abandoned their traditional raiding culture and came to an understanding with the Imperials. Many of the humanoid and monstrous humanoid creatures have become accustomed to trading with the merchants of the empire, only rarely do they resort to raiding towns on the frontier for livestock and steel weapons. However the Gnoll tribes have taken to breeding with demons, and their fiendish offspring often rise to leadership positions within the savage tribes. The icy northern regions are haunted by bound demons that were weapons of war in the ancient Arkhosian/Bael Turathi conflict. These mad demons linger on, waiting for their Turathi masters to command them unable to stray far from the battlefield where they were called and seek to destroy everything they encounter. Goblins venture into the Material Plane through portals and fey circles to raid and steal, they are darker and more devious than goblins found on other worlds.
- Devils (usually found only within the borders of what once were Arkhosia and Bael Turath)
- Cyclops (usually found in caves and ruins in the North, they have been known to venture to warmer climes)
- Fiendish Gnoll tribes (have migrated across the Western ocean, settling in the Khulan wastes, five hundred miles northwest of Nerath.
- Giants (mostly found concentrated beyond the Giant Shield mountains in the southern provinces)
- Cloud Giant
- Dusk Giant
- Hill Giant
- Shadow Giant
- Stone Giant
- Storm Giant
- Lizardmen Tribes (most lizardmen are found in the southern provinces)
- Orc Tribes